By Christopher M. Nichols,Nancy C. Unger
- The unmarried, definitive source for the most recent nation of information when it comes to the background and historiography of the Gilded Age and revolutionary Era
- Features contributions via prime students in a variety of appropriate specialties
- Coverage of the interval comprises geographic, social, cultural, monetary, political, diplomatic, ethnic, racial, gendered, non secular, international, and ecological subject matters and approaches
- In today’s period, also known as a “second Gilded Age,” this e-book deals proper historic research of the standards that helped create modern society
- Fills a tremendous chronological hole in period-based American heritage collections
Read or Download A Companion to the Gilded Age and Progressive Era (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History) PDF
Best american history_1 books
The city of Oswego, positioned at the beaches of Lake Ontario, was once proven in 1818. It has performed an essential position in vital New York's financial system with its many fruit orchards, strawberries, and muckland vegetation of onions, lettuce, and potatoes. Oswego has been at the leading edge of schooling and diverse social reforms.
MexicanAmerican people and non secular therapeutic, also known as curanderismo, has been an essential component of existence within the Mexico-U. S. border zone for hundreds of years. A hybrid culture made up basically of indigenousand Iberian Catholic pharmacopeias, rituals, and notions of the self, curanderismo treats the ailing individual witha number of therapeutic modalities together with natural treatments, intercessory prayer,body therapeutic massage, and effort manipulation.
Ring of good fortune is the fictionalized heritage of the 1st twelve years of the English cost at Jamestown, Virginia according to fresh archaeology and record findings. the tale we now comprehend of the 1st years of Jamestown is way extra compelling and extraordinary than the historical past textbooks, the flicks or the myths.
Swedish household employee Emina Johnson witnessed the good Peshtigo hearth in 1871; Cherokee nurse Isabella Wolfe served the Lac du Flambeau reservation for many years; the author's personal grandmother, Matilda Schopp, was once one in all quite a few immigrants who eked out a residing at the Wisconsin cutover. Calling This position domestic tells the tales of those and lots of different local and settler ladies in the course of Wisconsin's frontier period.
- Gallatin County (Images of America)
- A German POW in New Mexico
- Campustown: A Brief History of the First West Ames
- The Half Has Never Been Told: Slavery and the Making of American Capitalism
- Catawba Nation: Treasures in History (American Heritage)
Extra info for A Companion to the Gilded Age and Progressive Era (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History)
A Companion to the Gilded Age and Progressive Era (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History) by Christopher M. Nichols,Nancy C. Unger