By John Krige
Read or Download American Hegemony and the Postwar Reconstruction of Science in Europe (Transformations: Studies in the History of Science and Technology) PDF
Similar history of technology & engineering books
In 1945, the USA was once not just the most powerful financial and army energy on this planet; it was once additionally the world's chief in technological know-how and expertise. In American Hegemony and the Postwar Reconstruction of technological know-how in Europe, John Krige describes the efforts of influential figures within the usa to version postwar medical practices and associations in Western Europe on these in the United States.
Residence cleansing has been an innate human job without end yet merely because the early nineteenth century have mechanical units changed the actual exertions (performed ordinarily via women). Mechanical carpet sweepers have been changed by way of guide suction cleaners, which in flip have been changed by way of electrical vacuum cleaners within the early twentieth century.
The little-known tale of the architectural venture that lay on the middle of Tom Paine’s political blueprint for the USA. In a letter to his spouse Abigail, John Adams judged the writer of good judgment as having “a greater hand at knocking down than construction. ” Adams’s dismissive comment has contributed to shaping the present view of Tom Paine ever given that.
At the eve of its centennial, Carol Dawson and Roger Allen Polson current virtually a hundred years of heritage and never-before-seen pictures that tune the advance of the Texas road division. An enterprise initially created “to get the farmer out of the mud,” it has long gone directly to construct the immense community of roads that now connects each nook of the nation.
- Imperial Technoscience: Transnational Histories of MRI in the United States, Britain, and India (Inside Technology)
- Progressive Enlightenment: The Origins of the Gaslight Industry, 1780-1820 (Transformations: Studies in the History of Science and Technology)
- Atmospheric Science at NASA: A History (New Series in NASA History)
- Early American Technology: Making and Doing Things From the Colonial Era to 1850 (Published by the Omohundro Institute of Early American History and Culture and the University of North Carolina Press)
- Risk Methodologies for Technological Legacies: Proceedings of the NATO Advanced Study Institute, Bourgas, Bulgaria, 2-11 May 2000 (Nato Science Series: IV:)
- High Plains Horticulture: A History
Extra resources for American Hegemony and the Postwar Reconstruction of Science in Europe (Transformations: Studies in the History of Science and Technology)
American Hegemony and the Postwar Reconstruction of Science in Europe (Transformations: Studies in the History of Science and Technology) by John Krige