By Cliff Jacobson
Outdoors author and barren region canoe advisor Cliff Jacobson attracts on his thirty-plus years of river working to offer you sound suggestion, clean new principles, and complicated ideas for canoeing within the desert. thoroughly up to date and revised, within you will discover dozens of full-color photographs, how-to illustrations, resource charts, canoeing and tenting tips, a bankruptcy choked with hard-won suggestion from greater than twenty-five of Jacobson's fellow canoeing specialists, and a new bankruptcy dedicated to paddling barren region and swamp rivers.
Look within to find:
- How to select a crew
- Route and journey planning
- Canoeing and tenting gear
- Navigating by way of map, compass, and GPS
- How to accommodate risky bears
- Canoe dangers and rescue
- Barren-land travel
- Preparation and abilities are every thing whilst canoeing wild rivers. Take alongside this consultant on your entire canoeing adventures.
Read or Download Canoeing Wild Rivers: The 30th Anniversary Guide to Expedition Canoeing in North America (How to Paddle Series) PDF
Best hiking & camping books
"A advisor to the ropes and knots utilized in the outside by means of hikers, campers, paddlers, and climbers. *Guidelines for choosing the easiest rope and the easiest knot for the job at hand*Knot-tying instructions truly illustrated with photos*New access within the Mountaineers outdoors fundamentals seriesIt's reasonable to claim that climber Clyde Soles is keen about ropes and knots and their absolute performance--since he usually entrusts his existence to ropes on sheer rock faces.
Lace up your boots, seize this advisor, and discover the nice outside! the unique 50 Hikes consultant is new back, overlaying northern New England’s such a lot mythical variety, the crown jewel of Northeast mountaineering. The elegance of the White Mountains will encourage you Notch, Crawford Notch, and Pinkham Notch areas, in addition to picturesque hikes off the Kancamagus street and to the peaks of the Presidential variety.
First released in 2005. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
Sled canines trot via expanses of glowing white snow, pulling a musher and energetically surging with the command, "Let's move! " From pups to pro opponents, sled canine companion with mushers in a passionate pursuit of a superb racing culture. The popular and ambitious Laconia global Championship Sled puppy Derby, the hot England Sled puppy membership and recognized drivers like Dr.
- Survival Nurse: Running an Emergency Nursing Station Under Adverse Conditions
- John Muir Trail: The Essential Guide to Hiking America's Most Famous Trail
- Outdoor Leadership 2nd Edition: Theory and Practice
- Moon Yellowstone & Grand Teton: Including Jackson Hole (Travel Guide)
- Ten Million Steps: Nimblewill Nomad's Epic 10-Month Trek from the Florida Keys to Québec (NONE)
Additional resources for Canoeing Wild Rivers: The 30th Anniversary Guide to Expedition Canoeing in North America (How to Paddle Series)
Canoeing Wild Rivers: The 30th Anniversary Guide to Expedition Canoeing in North America (How to Paddle Series) by Cliff Jacobson