By Russell Dunn
Easy entry to cascades, cataracts, and more.
Connecticut is wealthy in heritage, geology—and waterfalls. Bringing those jointly in a single advisor, richly illustrated by way of either pictures and vintage postcards, this publication offers not just solid instructions and outlines, but in addition old and stratigraphic context for those exciting but peaceable locations. a lot of CT's waterfalls are actually the centerpieces of parks and preserves—perfect for a weekend stopover at and picnic.
Read Online or Download Connecticut Waterfalls: A Guide PDF
Best hiking & camping books
"A advisor to the ropes and knots utilized in the outside through hikers, campers, paddlers, and climbers. *Guidelines for choosing the easiest rope and the simplest knot for the job at hand*Knot-tying instructions essentially illustrated with photos*New access within the Mountaineers open air fundamentals seriesIt's reasonable to claim that climber Clyde Soles is keen about ropes and knots and their absolute performance--since he frequently entrusts his lifestyles to ropes on sheer rock faces.
Lace up your boots, seize this consultant, and discover the nice outside! the unique 50 Hikes consultant is new back, masking northern New England’s so much mythical diversity, the crown jewel of Northeast mountaineering. The elegance of the White Mountains will motivate you Notch, Crawford Notch, and Pinkham Notch areas, in addition to picturesque hikes off the Kancamagus street and to the peaks of the Presidential diversity.
First released in 2005. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
Sled canine trot via expanses of glowing white snow, pulling a musher and energetically surging with the command, "Let's move! " From doggies to professional rivals, sled canine associate with mushers in a passionate pursuit of a good racing culture. The well known and bold Laconia international Championship Sled puppy Derby, the recent England Sled puppy membership and recognized drivers like Dr.
- Hiking California's Golden Trout Wilderness: A Guide to Backpacking and Day Hiking in the Golden Trout and South Sierra Wilderness Areas (Regional Hiking Series)
- Survival: Bug Out Bag - The Ultimate Survival Guide To Building The Perfect Bug Out Bag And Surviving Any 72-Hour Disaster (Survival & Prepping)
- Anywhere: A mythogeography of South Devon and how to walk it
- Navigation Essentials: An introductory guide to learning to navigate on land and at sea
- Walking in the Forest of Dean: 25 Routes in the Historic Royal Forest
- Walking to Improve Health
Extra info for Connecticut Waterfalls: A Guide
Connecticut Waterfalls: A Guide by Russell Dunn