By Nikolay Voutchkov
An in-depth advisor to opposite osmosis desalination
This Water setting Federation and WateReuse organization ebook offers accomplished details at the making plans and engineering of brackish and seawater desalination tasks for municipal water offers. After a short evaluation of generic desalination applied sciences, Desalination Engineering makes a speciality of opposite osmosis desalination. The booklet discusses simple rules, making plans and environmental assessment of initiatives, layout and choice of key desalination plant parts, desalinated water posttreatment, and focus administration. guidance on sizing and price estimation of desalination plant amenities also are integrated during this sensible resource.
- Source water caliber characterization
- Fundamentals of opposite osmosis desalination
- Planning considerations
- Environmental evaluation and permitting
- Intakes for resource water collection
- Intake pump stations
- Source water screening and conditioning
- Sand elimination, sedimentation, and dissolved air flotation
- Pretreatment via granular media filtration
- Pretreatment via membrane filtration
- Comparison of granular media and membrane pretreatment
- Reverse osmosis separation
- Post-treatment of desalinated water
- Desalination plant discharge management
- Desalination venture fee estimates
Read or Download Desalination Engineering: Planning and Design PDF
Similar civil engineering books
This quantity comprises chosen papers provided on the 1st overseas UDEC/3DEC-Symposium. The papers are directed to new advancements and purposes within the fields of: behaviour of masonry constructions; balance and deformation of tunnels and caverns in fractured rock lots; geomechanical modeling for mining and waste repositories; rock reinforcement layout; mechanical and hydro-mechanical habit of dams and foundations; rock slope balance, deformation and failure mechanisms; modeling of primary rock mechanical difficulties; modeling of geological techniques; constitutive legislation for fractured rock plenty and masonry constructions; and dynamic behaviour of discrete buildings.
The abilities, creativity, and study constructed via larger schooling are significant components in any society’s luck in growing jobs and advancing prosperity. Universities and schools play a necessary rôle in increasing chance and selling social justice. The papers during this booklet mirror the most target of a convention held in June 2007 at Ahlia college, state of Bahrain, which used to be to create a discussion board for lecturers, coverage makers, senior directors and commercial pros to discover, talk about and advance sensible techniques to realize strategic good fortune and co-operation, and proportion rules concerning the latest and rising practices that increase caliber, productiveness and innovation.
This ebook presents introductory technical advice for civil engineers and different expert engineers and building managers drawn to seepage, slope and payment for levees. here's what is mentioned: 1. origin UNDERSEEPAGE, 2. SEEPAGE via EMBANKMENTS, three. EMBANKMENT balance, four.
This e-book offers introductory technical advice for civil engineers, structural engineers and different specialist engineers and development managers drawn to tie forces to avoid revolutionary cave in of constructions within the occasion of seismic or explosive incidents. here's what is mentioned: 1.
- Wasserbau: Aktuelle Grundlagen - Neue Entwicklungen (German Edition)
- Devolution, Port Governance and Port Performance (Research in Transportation Economics)
- Applied Geotechnology: A Text for Students and Engineers on Rock Excavation and Related Topics (Pergamon International Library of Science, Technology, Engineering & Social Studies)
- Lightweight Composite Structures in Transport: Design, Manufacturing, Analysis and Performance
Extra resources for Desalination Engineering: Planning and Design
Desalination Engineering: Planning and Design by Nikolay Voutchkov